RPI Society of Women Engineers is hoping to create a stronger community for graduate women at Rensselaer. Currently female undergraduate students have a number of resources designed to facilitate networking with other women on campus. We have much room for improvement, however, as the graduate students could use events catered toward their unique needs and interests.
For this reason, and with the support of the Society, we are working to create GradSWE! GradSWE includes a series of events catered toward the needs of graduate women here at RPI. We are actively seeking new financial partnerships to support exciting new events such as:
- Social and Networking events
- CV Workshop: Brainstorming and Updating
- Rapid Fire Research Presentations & RPI Lab Tours
- Plant Tours
- Graduate student networking dinner
- Travel to SWE Annual Conference In Baltimore
- Travel to SWE Region F Conferences
You can sponsor us HERE through WeR Gold, and thank you to SWE’s Region F for sponsoring our efforts in Spring 2013!
Is GradSWE a different section than RPI SWE?
- No! We are still one section of SWE and all RPI SWE members are encouraged to register for SWE membership at SWE.org. We simply will have a separate committee of graduate students planning events that fit the unique needs of GradSWE members.
I am a male or a non-engineering major. Can I attend GradSWE events?
- Absolutely! Rarely do any SWE events exclude individuals based upon gender or major. The one exception is Breaking Barriers Women Unite, a dinner where female faculty and corporate guests meet and mingle with female undergraduate and graduate students. Graduate students are welcome to attend undergrad focused SWE events and vice versa.
How do I know when a GradSWE event is coming up?
- Email gradSWE@union.rpi.edu to be added to the GradSWE mailing list. You will not be added to the larger SWE email list unless you indicate you would like to.
I have an AWESOME idea for a GradSWE event. What next?
My company would like to learn more about sponsoring a GradSWE event or hiring RPI Graduate Women, who do I ask?
- Please contact SWE with your interests and we will work together to make it possible!